BY: Beauty & the Beat Blog ON: March 15, 2017 IN: Beat, Yoga
Attending a yoga studio for the first time can be an experience that takes us outside of our comfort zones. I remember feeling like I stepped into an alternate universe the first time I attended a class at a yoga studio. The smell of lavender and eucalyptus as well as the mandalas and drinks filled with turmeric were all new to me. So, of course when I stepped on my yoga mat, I had hella thoughts running through my mind, which inspired me to write this post.
Here are 10 funny thoughts you’ll have during your first yoga class.
Beginning of class….
1. I’m here, and I came to slay!
2. The teacher wants me to do WHAT with my leg? Ain’t nobody got time for that!
3. Am I the only one who has no idea with the Sanskrit words for these poses mean? What-asana?
4. Why does everyone else seem so advanced? I feel so lost!
5. Since when did holding a pose for 3 breaths become equivalent to holding a pose for 15 seconds?
Middle of class….
6. It’s only been 20 minutes… are you kidding me?!
7. I wonder if anyone would notice if I just rolled up my mat and quietly left.
8. I think I’m just gonna lay here for the rest of the class.
End of class…
9. Class is over and I didn’t die.
10. Whew! That was so relaxing. I feel like a new person! I can’t wait to come back!
Share any thoughts you had during your first-ever yoga class in the comments!